2020 was the year of sourdough starters, home cooking shows, and navigating cooking 3 meals a day for yourself and your little army. At least that was my year. I got to one point that I had total cooking burn out. Can you say take out or frozen pizza?
I started to circulate certain foods on particular days. Doing this makes you’re planning slightly easier. For example we have Tacos on Tuesdays and Pizza night on Fridays. Right there 2 days are done! We always switch up the topping for Pizza night and different meats for Taco night. Then I go in and fill in meals for the rest of the week with new concoctions that will be on the blog or something we love.
So, are you tired of your kitchen? Tired of cooking the same things over and over? I’m with you and I’m here to share some tips with you that have helped “add some flavor” to my life.
As we enter into 2021 we are still cooking from home most days and I for one am ready to take it head on!
I have assembled 3 Tips to make you Fall in Love with Cooking at Home….again. They are easy, simple, and very doable.
3 Tips to Fall in Love with Cooking at Home
- Buy some REALLY GOOD cookbooks. The key her is to buy a variety of styles and cuisines. Having these cookbooks with switch up the monotony of cooking. Make sure to get some cookbooks with breakfast and lunches so that you are covered across all the meals.
- Keep them on the counter! I can’t tell you how many times I have bough a really good cookbook and found it in my pantry months later. I didn’t even crack the spine. Super disappointing, so now I keep a select few on the counter and rotate them every month!
- Buy a new kitchen gadget. Having at least one cool gadget makes your cooking experience so much fun and gives you something to look forward to.
- Keep your kitchen clutter free. I know it is the dumping ground for the family when they come home from school, work, or just through out the day. Trying to keep it free of junk and clutter will really help you to enjoy stepping into the kitchen.
- Clean as you go. It is one of the big thing that us food bloggers do when photo-shooting recipes or batch baking. Cleaning as you go makes the end more enjoyable. Clean the big stuff as you go, load up the dishwasher, and wipe down the counters while food is cooking. I still struggle with this at times but when I actually follow through I can relax after dinner.
Hope this gives you some ideas for your cooking and baking for the months ahead!
Below I have linked my favorite Cookbooks and kitchen Gadgets. Cooking and baking should be fun! If you have more ideas on how to love cooking in your Kitchen? Leave a comment!